Monday 29 July 2019

Kiss My Genders

To supplement Billie's news about exhibitions, I'd strongly recommend a visit to Kiss My Genders at the Hayward Gallery before it finishes in early September. https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whats-on/exhibitions/hayward-gallery-art/kiss-my-genders

See this video by Vincent Honore, Exhibition Curator, and Tarini Malik, Assistant Curator:



I went last week after going to Parliament Square for the XR Youth Strike. I literally bumped into an old friend in the foyer of the Hayward Gallery that I used to share a student flat with in Hulme, Manchester, back in the 80s and we were able to explore the exhibition together. Fantastic to visit familiar photos from Del LaGrace Volcano taking me back to the mid 90s when we shared a studio with Grace Lau and Robin Shaw as founding members of Exposures - a collective of Women Photographers. Since then Del has transitioned, lives in Sweden and is currently MaPa to their two children who they are raising as non-binary.

I sent them this photo of us together! 


Then discovered this interview with Del in the British Journal of Photography: https://www.bjp-online.com/2019/06/any-answers-del-lagrace-volcano/

1 comment: